Augments are a new perk system introduced in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1. After you’ve unlocked every Augment, you’ll find that while they are all good, some are better than others. Here are the best Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1.
Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 – S Tier
- Splash Medic – You have a chance to find Chug Splash in every container you open.
- Bloodhound – Enemies hit by your marksman rifle or bow shots are marked for a brief duration.
- Forecast – You can always see the next storm circle.
- Storm Mark – When the storm changes, ping the area to highlight nearby enemies for a short duration.
- Aerialist – Grants glider redeploy for the rest of the match.
- Tactical Armory – Grants a rare Tactical AR and Combat Shotgun.
- Shotgun Striker – Your shotgun fire will give you Siphon upon hitting opponents.
The five best Augments in Fortnite are Aerialist, Splash Medic, Bloodhound, Forecast, and Tactical Armory. Splash Medic is a must-have perk as it allows you to potentially get Chug Splash, arguably the best heal in the game, in any container. Bloodhound is a great perk as it will mark enemies and enable you to see them through walls for a brief amount of time. Forecast is also another excellent perk that allows you to always have the best positioning which is very important in Fortnite.
Storm Mark allows you to receive information on enemies when the ring is shrinking which is very helpful. Aerialist is a great perk, when it is available, for players who enjoy having the high ground and need to make a quick escape. Tactical Armory is a great Augment as it will instantly grant you two of the best weapons in the game. Lastly, one of the newer perks in the game, Shotgun Striker, is very good since you’ll get Siphon, an ability that regenerates your shiels and health, when hitting your opponents.
Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 – A Tier
- Rarity Check – Get Siphon upon eliminations with Common and Uncommon weapons.
- First Assault – The first bullet in the magazine of your assault rifle deals bonus damage.
- Light Fingers – Weapons using light ammo reload faster.
- Rifle Recycle – Weapons using medium ammo have a chance not to consume ammo.
- Rushing Reload – Sprinting will slowly reload your equipped shotgun.
- Soaring Sprints – Jump higher with lower gravity while sprinting.
- Bush Warrior – You regenerate health and partial shields while inside large foliage.
- Danger Hero – Briefly regenerate health and gain movement speed when your shield breaks.
The Augments in A Tier are still great, but not as necessary as the S Tier Augments. Rarity Check is a great new perk that allows you to get Siphon with grey and white weapons which is good, but not as handy as Shotgun Striker. First Assault is a great Augment as you’ll most likely run with an Assault Rifle since it is a great gun.
Light Fingers is an Augment that makes SMGs and Pistols much better even though they are already very good. Rifle Recycle is another great Augment because you’ll likely run guns that use medium ammo.
Rushing Reload is a nice perk if you use shotguns. An auto-reload feature is always great, especially if it is for your shotgun. Soaring Sprints is a good Augment that negates fall damage but can leave you exposed if you’re caught in the air for too long. Bush Warrior is another good Augment as it will heal you to full health, give you 50 shield, and allow you to hide from enemies. Danger Hero is a useful perk when trying to run away, but the best course of action is almost always to turn and fight.
Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 – B Tier
- Zero Chance – Temporarily gain the Zero Point dash ability each time you break an enemy’s shield.
- Pistol Amp – Pistols have a greatly increased magazine size.
- Supercharged – Vehicles you’re inside do not consume fuel and have increased health.
- More Parkour – Your energy regenerates briefly after mantling or hurdling.
- Peely’s Plunder – Receive a treasure map that will lead you to buried treasure.
- Bow Specialist – Bows draw and reload faster and you regenerate arrows over time.
- Tricked Out – Entering a car or truck applies Chonkers and a Cow Catcher to it.
- Jelly Angler – Receive a Fishing Rod that can fish anywhere, but only fish up Jellyfish.
The Augments in B Tier are good or too niche to always be useful. Starting with Zero Chance, this perk is fun and can be extremely deadly when used correctly, but it isn’t always amazing. Pistol Amp is an excellent Augment especially paired with Light Fingers, but running with a Pistol isn’t you’re best option. Supercharged can be a great Augment if you plan on using a vehicle, especially a Dirt Bike, for the majority of the match.
More Parkour is useful to keep your stamina up, but you can just down a Slap Juice instead. Bow Specialist is useful but requires you to use a bow which aren’t the best weapons to use. Peely’s Plunder is also a great perk to get Legendary weapons fast but you have to find the treasure first.
Tricked Out is a decent perk if you want to use a car or truck a lot. It pairs well with Supercharged. Lastly, Jelly Angler is too situational as water isn’t always accessible and Splash Medic is an overall better choice.
Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 – C Tier
- Mechanical Archer – Receive an Explosive and Shockwave Bow.
- Demolitions Munitions – Objects you destroy have a chance to drop explosives (excludes player-built structures).
- Chug Gunner – Receive a Chug Cannon.
- Party Time – Gain balloons over time.
In the C Tier are Augments that are still good but are outclassed. Mechanical Archer grants you two bows, but the Tactical Armory Augment is much better since bows aren’t that great. Demolitions Munitions is okay but great if you want to cause chaos and scare enemy squads.
While Chug Gunner does grant you a free Chug Cannon, the Chug Cannon takes up too much inventory space and it’s the best way to get shields. Party Time is the worst Augment because balloons aren’t especially handy and will most often help get you killed.
And those are all of the Augments ranked in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1. Though the ranking of Augments is subjective, there are some objectively better perks to choose above others. Use the best Augments to your advantage to surprise enemies and get the Victory Royale.
Fortnite is available now on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Android.
- This article was updated on January 18th, 2023